It is my great honor to be nominated for the “Beautiful Blogger Award” because of the wonderful person who nominated me. In discussing her articles at length with our wordy back-and-forth comments I thought I was going to help her and instead there were a number of minor demons I had that were exorcised instead. I hope it was a give and take. Her blog is named backward just as she blames herself for many of the world’s problems. The blog should be called, “Living in a Flat World”. Her heart is as bursting with emotion as her mind and pen are loaded with keen insights into life. I very highly recommend and proudly present to you The Flat Girl:
– – –
The four “rules” of the Beautiful Blogger Award are:
1. Copy and place the Beautiful Blogger Award in your post. (You can find different versions of the icon by performing a Google search)
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 fellow bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award, tell them by posting a comment on their blogs.
– – –
I was going to make a big statement about blogging but I just did that a couple days ago so let’s get to 7 things about myself:
1. It is impossible for a little girl to steal my heart because she already has it.
2. I always live below my means and pay cash for everything.
3. My verbal prenup is as follows, “What’s mine is yours, what’s yours is yours, and I always get to think I’m right.” Most guys envy me because I bargained for something they want to renegotiate, an intact ego.
4. I haven’t had a cigarette in 15 years. Just recently I started playing with electronic cigarettes and they are scratching an itch nothing else scratches. I guess I was self-medicating for a reason.
5. I’ve performed on keyboards with Martha Reeves and the Vandellas.
6. I’ll say something to someone just to see how they react — in a playful way.
7. Every religion teaches communism. Beloved family values are communist values. I’m a communist.
8. I don’t follow rules.
9. When my wife wants to show me something I don’t care about and I’m doing something personally important, I put down what I’m doing and go see what she has to show me. It’s about putting your significant other first. Do that.
– – –
And here are 7 blogs I want to promote, not all are big-time.
1. Teeny Bikini should be a professional comedy writer. That is not me being a friend. If I hated her I would still say she should be a pro writer. Not for the snooty upper class:
Teeny Bikini – http://thejigglybits.com/
2. Diane often writes day-in-the life things as so many of us do. Once in a while she kicks me in the gut with something amazingly abstract, philosophical, and profound. I’m only part way through her blog and I’m eating it up.
3. Justin and I were friends before we were both blogging. He’s in the army and has a rather unique take on things. Check him out.
Justin – http://legendarysim.com/
4. My wife Cathy. Wait, is this the one with the yarn and the needles? I mean is this where the scarves and hats and fingerless gloves come from? This knitting stuff sounds really complicated and technical to me. Ask a simple question and you’ll get a simple answer. She knows her stuff.
Cathy – http://expattery.wordpress.com/
5. My wife Cathy again. A lot of this is about preparing food for a diabetic which is necessarily low carb which lends itself perfectly to losing fat by dieting. She makes some delicious stuff, much of which also helps shed pounds.
Cathy – http://tfdiabetic.wordpress.com/
6. It’s a sports blog. They followed me and I peeked at them and found a sports nut’s paradise. Good writing if you are into that sort of thing, really enthusiastic and informative. OK, I admit it, I put them here because of their tagline, “Questioning everyone but ourselves”
various – http://sportsrighting.com/
7. I like Zen. Ido first got my attention by going through my blog and clicking “like” on every one of my creepy fiction or bizarre posts. It was love at first sight. Did I mention Zen?
Ido – http://idolanuel.com/
– – –
All in all, my friends, a simple click of a “Like” can warm a bloggers heart and a few words about theirs can make their day. It doesn’t take much to brighten someone’s life. Take that extra minute and make someone feel good.